Hi Bas,

Wicket needs to write a generated name attribute so that it knows exactly which value comes back from the client.

But since you're not posting to the server but to some other script, why bother with using Wicket components? Just use the raw html, and if you must use Label and WebMarkupContainer to manipulate the html.

Regards,
   Erik.

Bas Vroling schreef:
I have written an wicket page that collects some user input and calculates values. These values need to be sent to an external python script that does something with this data and renders a results page. This almost works fine but wicket messes up my form. In the HTML template I have specified my form like this:

<form method="post" action="some_url">
<input type="text" class="field" wicket:id="proteinId" name="protein_id" />
        <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go!" />
</form>

but when wicket renders the page it creates this:

<form method="post" action="some_url">
<input type="text" class="field" wicket:id="proteinId" name="mutantPredictionSubmitPanel:proteinId" value="adrb2_human"/>
        <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go!" />
</form>

The difference is in the name of proteinId value being rewritten from "protein_id" to "mutantPredictionSubmitPanel:proteinId", and this causes the python script at the other end to choke.

Is there a way to disable the rewriting of the name attribute, or specify my own name?

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/