There is no hook in Wicket to stop. Wicket normally starts and ends with the web context it is running in. So ending the application is done by undeploying the web-app. You'll need to find hooks in your serlvet container. Spring will automatically shutdown with the web context as well.

Regards,
   Erik.

Giovanni wrote:
I am using Spring + Wicket.

When the Wicket application starts, if some important configuration is missing,
I want to close all the application context, destroying all the Spring beans,
including also the Wicket application, which is configured as a Spring bean by
SpringWebApplicationFactory.

I used the close() (I also tried stop() and destroy() methods) of the
ApplicationContext, but it doesn't destroy the Wicket app.

I then searched for a method of Wicket Application, which allows to stop/close
the webapp, but I did not find it.

How is it possible to stop a Wicket application from inside the application
itself (that is suicide)?

Best regards,
giovanni

--