The search for any given property key is top-down, the first result is found.

Why? As I said, to allow an override of the component (which may be third party).

Regards,
   Erik.

Marek Šabo wrote:
Hi Erik,

I understand this - I use it eg. HomePage has title=Home, UserHomePage has title=User's Home etc... and it works top->down as expected.

But why does this topmost property title, that should bind itself to key=title of wicket:messages attached to page component itself, got bounded to title two levels deeper in hierarchy precisely defined in lower most level (top->down should use the last found, shouldn't it?). According to what happens my UserHomePage should read only "Home Page" in it's title

Sorry to bother, regards,
Marek