The latest and greatest in the domain-driven world would be CQRS where the UI code needs two types of dependencies: the command bus and a repository. No more need of a 'services' layer.

I adore CQRS because it provides a simple and clear view of what code to put where. Though the amount of code stays the same, it will be simpler.

Regards,
    Erik.

PS. Kent, thanks for taking the time to write this tutorial.