Steven,

Have you tried to enforce creation of a session on the home page?
A WebSession.get().bind() in the homepage will do the trick.

This only makes a difference when your homepage is stateless.

Regards,
    Erik.

2010/7/1 Steven Haines<lyg...@yahoo.com
My guess is that when the homepage is loaded that Wicket provides a new
jsessionid (I sometimes see it coming in the submission url) but then the
user
is directed to another server on the next request, and because the user
does not
yet have a JSESSIONID cookie, but does have the jsessionid in the URL, the
Wicket instance that receives the request searches and cannot find the
session
id and marks the page as expired. The next request then populates the
browser's
cookie and the sticky session works.This is just a theory, but it would
explain
the behavior.

--
Sent from my SMTP compliant software