On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Ben Tilford <bentilf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whats better is going to come down to what your  comfortable with, willing
> to learn, and if squeezing a couple milliseconds of performance matters or
> not.

That's one of the key points I think folks need to think about when it
comes to considering Groovy for something like this.  It has had a bad
reputation for being slow (so did Java back in the day).  Scala is
pretty fast from what I understand.  Although Scala, as you pointed
out, has a higher learning curve.  It does seem to be a more
"cerebral" programming language.  When I read the Scala book, I was
left scratching my head on some of the topics.  I've been studying new
programming languages a lot lately and Scala is definitely one of the
ones I like, but I can see where it would be difficult to grasp for
the less-experienced folks.  Some of the others seem a bit more
intuitive.