Hello Ichiro,

Bring it on!

Find all xhtml tags here: https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wickets-xhtml-tags.html. Here you will also find a link to the current DTDs.

Regards,
    Erik.

Op 28-09-10 04:53, Ichiro Furusato schreef:
I brought this up previously under "Wicket pages are
invalid XHTML" on Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:11:06 +1200
but the conversation got sidetracked by a solution to
a question I'd asked without addressing an offer I'd
made.

Would anyone be interested in replacing the misnamed
and incomplete XHTML DTD used by the Wicket project
with a modular XHTML DTD that had its own Wicket
module? This could be used to validate Wicket-ised
documents. I'm versed in building modular DTDs using
the W3C toolkit. (I note WICKET-693 exists) and can
also flatten the DTD to a single file using a tool I have.

I'd be willing to supply that DTD if someone could provide
documentation on the extant wicket elements and
attributes, and where in the document model they are
permitted.

If this is something properly directed at the Wicket dev
list let me know and I'll resend it there (I'm not currently
a member of that list). Or if this isn't a priority for the
project (it may not be if well-formed XML is sufficient
during dev) I'll drop the issue.

Thanks,

Ichiro

Sent from my SMTP compliant software