Hey all

It is compact, has many functions and does its job well. If you compare it with JSF, Vaadin it compares well.

Advantages:
- flexible
- Java + HTML > is ok

Disadvantages:
- modern plugins for Wicket: outdated and quite little.
- CSS Libs like Bootstrap: outdated and strong coupling (plugin)
- use of modern JS techniques + Wicket: difficult

Conclusion:

For medium sized sites working with Apache Wicket basic components and using Java, HTML and Wicket JQuery > ok.

The development of modern JS applications Apache Wicket is (my opinion) outdated. It very good flexible JS frameworks, more plugins, lots of docs and examples. And the number of developers for modern JS frameworks is huge!

In the end, I think Apache Wicket is past its prime and we are talking about product maintenance here. I wouldn't develop new big projects with Apache Wicket anymore. Here it is not the evaluation of the framework, but the number of projects and the amount of developers that matters.

Greets
Kyrindor