+1 for M2 or maybe even a RC1 if no big changes are outstanding?

Usually I dont care for latest wicket versions (we stayed on 6 way too long
:D),
but since the JavaEE -> JakartaEE this is a showstopper for us as you even
cant access anything HTTPSession related as you include the jakarta-api on
jakarta.*
namespace but wicket 9 only delivers javax.* results

Or if this really takes a year to release maybe a wicket-9-jakarta version?