Op ma 8 apr 2024 18:16 schreef Mihir Chhaya <mihir.chh...@gmail.com>:

> We have the following configuration for one of the Apache Wicket projects.
>
> Apache Wicket: 7.6.0
> OpenJDK Java Version: 1.8.402
> JBoss Server: 7.4.13
>
> *Issue: Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: filter status: REJECTED*
>
> The application works fine when the number of records is around 100, but
> throws above error when the number is increased.
> My understanding is some Wicket class is being rejected from the
> Serialization/Deserialization and this class comes into picture only when
> the Page has more data.

This is likely not related to a specific class, but rather to the size of
the page or the number of references in it. We hit the exact same issue
some time ago after upgrading WildFly. In the recent releases a filter on
serialization is enabled, that does not interact nicely with Wicket. On
WildFly you can disable it with DISABLE_JDK_SERIAL_FILTER=true. It probably
is the same on JBoss EAP. You can also try to tweak the settings if you
want to keep the filter, but you will have to check with Red Hat for the
exact settings.

Best regards,
Emond