Hi,

I'm an Ubuntu Contributing Developer who also maintains a few packages
in Debian. I currently have updates for two of my packages waiting on
debian.mentors for which I'm looking for sponsors. This list doesn't
seem very active any more, but as DDs who also do work in Ubuntu might
be more familiar with my work I thought I'd look for a sponsor here.
If this is a miss-use of this list, please let me know (and I
apologize if this is the case).

The version of parcellite is a new upstream release that is not yet in
Ubuntu as it came out after Jaunty FF. But the Ubuntu version contains
a backported patch from this version fixing a bug with certain
keyboards that the upstream developer thought was important to get
into Jaunty. [1] Of course, I want to bring this bug fix to Debian
users (along with all the other upstream changes) as well.

The Debian version of file-browser-applet is currently behind Ubuntu.
It has a versionized build-depend on libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.14) which
didn't enter unstable until recently.

parcellite can be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/parcellite/parcellite_0.9.1-1.dsc

file-browser-applet can be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/file-browser-applet/file-browser-applet_0.6.2-1.dsc

Also, as I already have your attention, a couple questions. Generally
what is the state of this team? I think I once saw a popcorn analysis
of packages in Ubuntu but not Debian, but I can't seem to find it. Did
I make this up? Anyone have a link? Is it up to date? I ask as I might
be interested in maintaining widely used packages that haven't made it
to Debian.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over,

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/parcellite/+bug/335583