> 3. Now that we have utrace->resume, can't we kill report->resume_action ?

I thought this initially when making the change and then decided against
it.  I don't recall exactly what was in my mind at the time.  It would
take some more thought now to be sure whether there is a semantic
problem.  But at any rate, keeping it reduces the number of cases in
which we take the utrace lock in finish_callback_report, which seems
like a good thing.  Still, if you propose a patch to remove it with
thorough rationale on why it's good or better, then that will be fine.