Hello guys,
Warm greetings from CFA Forum Team.

CFA Forum has been growing by leaps and bounds now and we are happy to
inform you all that we will soon have 500 members. The Forum has also gone
through some major and some small changes in past few days.

Here is a summary of changes that have been introduced in last few months
(some of these changes have already been communicated to all):

   - The forum got new face: We recently changed the look and feel of our
   website. This was mainly to allow the website to oad easily on your
   computers
   - Introduced new features: All the registered members now can upload
   their own 'Avatars' (profile pictures)
   - Daily Charts for BSE and NSE: Introduced new page called 'Daily Charts'
   which shows daily EOD (End of Day) charts for Bombay Stock Exchange and
   National Stock Exchange
   - Reorganized the structure of topics: We have removed a few forums
   (categories) and have introduced a few new ones to optimally categorize
   topics and discussions. Here is the current structure now (all the below
   names are links which you can click on) -
      - For new users <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1>
      - *Welcome! <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9>*
         - *CFA Students' Group<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16>
         *
         - *Cafeteria <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37>*
         - Stock Markets <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11>
      - *Equity Markets <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34>*
         - *Technical Analysis<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38>
         *
         - *Mutual Funds <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35>*
         - *Financial Concepts*<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39>
         - *Daily Charts <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41>*
         - Discussion Forums<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10>
      - *CFA Course Discussion<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13>
         *
         - *Queries <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20>*
         - *Open House <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33>*
         - Miscellaneous <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22>
      - *Corporate News <http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29>*
         - *Opprtunities @ CFA
Forum*<http://www.cfa-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24>

New topics on the Forum
Below are some of the new topics that have been posted on CFA Forum. Click
on the 'Read more' link and you will be taken directly to the post page.

   1. ELSS – Secret of Tax Saving with Mutual Fund Investments
   As the name suggests ELSS (equity linked savings scheme), invests
   primarily in equity shares of companies. As per financial regulations, the
   scheme Fund manager has to invest 80% of the total amount in the
equity<http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=805#>
    shares <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=805#> and the
   remaining 20% per cent can be invested in other instruments like bonds,
   debentures, government securities and others. When you invest in ELSS your
   money is locked for a period of three years (minimum)
   Read more <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=805>....

   2. Advantages of Mutual Funds
   A mutual fund is also known as an open-end fund and is an investment
   company <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=800#> that spreads its
   money across a diversified portfolio of
securities<http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=795>-
   including stocks <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=800#>, bonds
   or money market instruments.
   Shareholders <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=800#> who invest
   in a fund each own a representative portion of those
investments<http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=800#>,
   less any expenses charged by the fund.
   Read more <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=800>...

   3. The Magic of the Rule of 72
   Albert Einstein’s greatest discovery was not the theory of relativity, it
   was the Rule of 72. (Although some people say that the rule existed long
   before he was born, most would agree however that he has popularized it)
   What has the Rule of 72 have to do with investing?
   Basically knowledge of the Rule of 72 is the basic building block of
   learning that each budding
investor<http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=799#> should
   have.
   Read more <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=799>...

   4. What Does Equity Mean?
   Equity means a stock <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=794#> or
   security which represents the ownership of the holder (who owns the
   equity). Equity Share similarly represents a share of ownership in a company
   whose equity shares are held.
   For example – if I hold 10,000 shares of ABC Ltd., which has total of
   1,00,000 shares, in that case I own (10,000/1,00,000)th of ABC Ltd. (which
   comes out to be 10%).
   Read more <http://www.cfa-forum.com/showthread.php?t=794>...

You can also visit other topics at CFA Forum. Click
here<http://www.CFA-Forum.com>to visit the forum. You can access all
the Forums from here.

CFA Forum Team <http://www.cfa-forum.com>