Quicktime can export to 3GP format.
Trouble is, the North American mobile market is ridiculous.

I've got five phones. Four different providers. Four different modes of doing
business,
providing access to content. Four different annoyances.

Simply *getting* at video is a chore. RSS? That's crazy talk! ;-)

Like the one phone that I can navigate to Rocketboom's mobile edition on, WILL
NOT let
me download. I have to manually add the video via sync. Others, like the
godforsaken
Verizon, requires about 432,345 clicks to get to a place where you can ALMOST
access the
web. Others capture video, but won't e-mail, some (ironically, like Verizon),
DO let you
capture video and e-mail it. But you can't go to Rocketboom easily. Depends.
LOTS of
depends.

The closest thing we have to RSS reality on mobile things, are the Really
Expensive Phone/
PDA hybrids or portable-connected devices like the Sony PSP. FeederReader works
on
Windows Pocket PC, and it's an RSS dealie (Greg Smith can talk more about
that); Sony just
added a podcast client to the PSP. We are getting closer, but that's like
saying, I'm getting
closer to retirement age (it's like 30 years away /smirk)

The last ugly concern of mine personally, is a commment that the lady at the
Cingular
store said to me about the types of people who buy certain phones... my phone
is
purchased either by people a) with money or b) who know what the phone can do
(and
they prolly have money)... most of the time, she noted, people just want a damn
phone.

I think we'll be able to capture and publish sooner rather than later, but in
North American
anyway, the whole damn thing is an embarassment so far.

Of course this is my rip off of Dennis Miller's line, so I could be wrong.

Eric
ericrice.com
audioblog.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM