1. iPod Gym. Short workouts available on your iPod. Take it anywhere.
2. Tutorial Videos. Shopping list videos (show the clerk at the store the THING
you can't
explain)
3. Mass transit not good enough? How about the zillions who bum rides?
4. Things for the passengers in your car
5. Slideshows and presentations. In your pocket.
6. Music videos. I have a playlist of stuff I listen to over and over on my
audio playlists. I
love music videos. In my pocket, more convenient than TV (I occasionally lose
the battle of
MTV viewage vs. Dora the Explorer)
7. Portable video = also all the LCD screens in minivans and SUVs... in the
headrests,
flipping down from the ceiling. Passengers.
8. Examples of personal video as an evangelism tool.
9. Porn.
10. Viral videos
11. Commercials (commercials can be a cultural and entertainment phenom.. I'd
love to
get my favorite commercials... that's why there are/were ad sites. The dirty
secret of
TiVo... some people watch commercials OVER again in case they missed it)
12. Travel guides/portable documentaries
13. Games (sure why not, visual choose-your-own-adventures/treasure hunts)
14. Geocaching 2.0
15. Favorite *any*things... like your favorite paperback you keep in the car
16. Also music videos can be played like music
17. Rocketboom
18. Happy Tree Friends
19. Zadi Diaz

Okay, I'm done. But I don't know why I find videoblogs in iTunes when I'm
searching for
music. Maybe it's a bug? And while I might not be always in the mood for
participatory
consumption, I certainly *collect* media for my own personal collection. That
could lead to
a scalable economy. If any of my favorite vloggers released a
different/improved/special
kind of content, would I buy it? Well, *I* would. And I could still use the
iPod as an
evangelism tool.

Oh and yes, photos are huge on the iPod. So are short clips from the birthday
party of my
son that his grandma keeps on her iPod. Culturally, that's something
conceptually new....
instead of the photos in your wallet, it's the videos in your wallet.

I also have no idea why in public, people gather around an ipod to watch video
with no
sound. I mean that silly little small, crisp, gorgeous screen can't be *that*
compelling. ;-)

I'm part of the dopey crowd. I'll go out of my way to make media that makes
sense for the
small screen. I'll continue to draw a crowd in public that can huddle around
and watch. My
parents will still watch videos of their grandkids on their ipods and my kids
will watch
some stuff on theirs in the car.

And while it might not be able to make a sandwich, I'll certainly *show* you
how to make a
sandwich and give you a list of ingredients and slicing instructs that you can
take to your
local deli and get them to do the same.

And that's part of how we change things. Although your personal mileage may
vary.

ER
http://ericrice.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "missbhavens1969" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>