Funnily enough, those sites with flash videos seem to be able to keep a lot of
people
hanging around. That sorta sounds like a community if you put enough comment
fields
there.

I mean, it's not like RSS is this push technology which comes to you and does
not
inherently incite people to stay in one place. Oh wait. Nevermind.

I'm just sayin', it's something to think about.

Also, I use flash *and* RSS, and people use both, and more viewers prefer
flash. My
viewers are not millions of remixers. In fact, they take the media and run...
that stupid
little ipod and such playing video. /sarcasm!

And I hate to sound all cranky, but don't tell me for a second that Strongbad,
Homestar
Runner, Happy Tree Friends, etc etc *don't* have a community that is cared
about quite
deeply. Unless by proclaim such adamant hatred of flash, we're invariably
giving the finger
to animators.

Making MEDIA means just that. It's not about audio or video. Or animation. Or
machinima.
It's everything. EVERYTHING.

And if some 10 year old kid uses flash to make the next Simpsons, well screw
you, bucko.
That technology sucks.

Okay, back in my cave. I need decaf.

Eric

PS. I'm not attacking anyone in particular on these points, I'm genereally
thowing up my
hands and screaming GOOD GRIEF ALREADY for the 8 millionth time.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Nerissa \(TheVideoQueen\)" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >    From: "Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: Re: Flash, video iPod and offering MP3 podcasts
> >
> > Flash is popular with people who don't care so much about community,
> > including (most important to me) allowing for mashups of their own or
> > others' works.
> >
> > Jan
>   >

>   Could it possibly be that..
>
>   ... people who display their videos in flash care more about their
> community because
they know their flash videos can be seen by more of the community with far less
hassles?

>   Or people who use flash video don't worry so much about the tiny part of
> the
community that want to reedit their videos and are in fact more in tune to the
larger
communty that just want to watch the videos faster and with far less hassle?