It was a last minute thing to use live streaming audio + IRC + flickr to do a
little
presentation on the Epsilon Construct theory I've been working on. A
backchannel fired up
on IRC, Raymond called the studio line over skype, and IMs filled my screen
while people
poured over a simple annotated photo I posted on my flickr stream. As a joke, I
called it
Eric Rice Media Saturday, and didn't really think it was a big deal. Apparently
I was wrong.

So I got to thinking about it, and people like Raymond and others have offered
some
awesome encouragement, that I decided to add something to my Backstaging.com
DIY
vlog--- and that's an hour long, live show / podcast where I can talk
about/ramble in
greater detail on a topic that extends beyond the 3-6 minute videos. (On a side
note, we'll
be doing the Eric Rice Show podcast simultaneously live while recording.)

Each Saturday at 2pm PST/5pm EST/10pm GMT, after the Videoblogger Video
Conference,
I'll spend an hour doing a live show on KSSX, capturing it for later
distribution down the
Backstaging RSS feed, which will now be a hybrid feed.

This weekend will be initial commentary and whatnot about Apple's new iLife
'06,
including Garageband, iMovie, iWeb, plus a couple other things including this
new tapeless
digicam I picked up at Macworld (Supacam DVX).

I hope you can join me and call in with your thoughts.

And thanks for your support and encouragement, gang. It's how things get done.

ER
ericrice.com
backstaging.com