Milt Lee wrote:

> HI folks, I wanted to see if anybody here has set up a
> page for people to upload videos [...]

I think blip.tv is the easiest option for this, since
they make the original file that was uploaded available.
If people upload a high quality QuickTime, you're home
free, you can grab it off of blip. I wonder, though, is
this really a fair use of the blip.tv service? Hmm....

If you really want a slick custom solution, one option to
consider is the On2 Flix Publisher SDK for Flash, a web
browser plug-in that you integrate into your own web site
that enables people who want to upload video to encode
using VP6 (Flash 8) on their own machines and then upload
to your web server.  This reduces server encoding loads
and bandwidth. Downside is there is lots of computation
going on at the local machine.

A very interesting option. I was looking into until
I decided it was better to simply use blip.tv and
forget custom branding and integration and all that.

See: http://www.on2.com/developer/on2publisher/

Have fun!

David.

David Tames, Filmmaker & Media Technologist
http://kino-eye.com | 617.216.1096