I'm rarely impressed.  However, the following letter is an
"understatement" of my feelings about discovering a hosting site
literally had the ability to "read my mind".

"Dear People at Veoh:
I read a rave about your new system on the Yahoo list but didn't give
it much thought.  Then, when I signed in, I thought you folks had
finally discovered & decided to feature the fabulous  Asian music
videos I have come to love so much.

Then I realized that you had managed to "read the minds" of those
visiting the sites using some sort of coding based on the videos they
had left comments on, etc. and had created a "suggested viewing" list.

I'd always skipped the first page before but this time but this time I
found listings of the types of videos I really usually spent hours
looking for.

To be brief and to the point, it is nearly 3:00 AM and I should have
gone to bed two hours ago.  However, I found your "recommendations"
were a bottomless "pit of gold".

I found more interesting videos in the last five hours on Veoh than
I've found in the last FIFTY hours sifting through videos here, on
YouTube & other sites.

You people have put the dagger of death into traditional television!
Your system makes watching "what interests you on the Internet" so
effecient that traditional TV will never be able to compete.

We vloggers who create content always knew the Internet & user
generated video was the wave of the future.  However, the problem was
always finding the stuff that interested you.  Subscriptions were the
first baby step in that direction.  However, the system you have
installed is really the "system of tomorrow".

I'm going to post this letter on the Yahoo list tomorrow.  I've always
liked Veoh but now you have really made me a fan, big time.

What's so nice about your system is that it seems to be based on the
meta-tags (is that the term) of the videos users  have commented on in
the past.  I'm one of those vloggers who always tries to leave a
comment when I feel something is good or a real effort has been put
into creating it.

Now, the time and trouble I took doing that has come back to me
"ten-fold" because it has enabled you to find videos I just love and
that I never knew existed.

Keep up the good work.

 However, it kind of makes your skin crawl to think that Veoh is able
to "read your mind" and "know what videos you will like".  The age of
"Big Brother" is really upon us.

I don't mind Veoh "reading my mind".  However, I shudder to think of
George Bush being able to do the same thing by tracking where I go on
the Internet and what I read and/or watch.

Every coin has two sides.  Thanks for being the bright and shiny side
of this new frightening world.

Vloggingly yours,

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker