Jan, thanks for the tips about taking your camera to the store with
you when you are buying microphones.

I live in NYC & want to echo your recommendation of going to a store
with a large selection of video equiptment & knowledgeable salespeople.

I've usually been impressed with the technical knowledge of the staff
at B&H Photo which is a HUGE store in Manhattan.

More importantly, I find that one can hear all sorts of interesting
conversations among other customers discussing "that is the mike I
have or my friend is sorry he bought, etc."

People working in video, professionals and hobbyists, are really a
friendly group & many of them will talk about the advantges and
disadvantages they have found using different versions of the mikes on
display, etc.

Such interactions have helped me greatly in making choices and
decisions on equiptment.

People on the list here share many of those same qualities.  I
remember you as the first person to answer my questions about Macs vs
PCs, cameras, etc. a couple years ago when i first discovered vlogging.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
Hoboken, NJ

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan McLaughlin"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlis\

t&sku=400719<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlist&sku=400719>
> > > Same link http://tinyurl.com/ycq7ac
> > >
> > > Some wireless recievers provide control of the signal. Are there any
> > > obvious controls?
> > >
> > > I looked around the net for any "audio problems" with the xacti.
> > > Didn't come across one in top tens. I did see that there is some
> > > choice in bit settings. Are you using the best audio setting
(highest
> > > bits vs needs)?
> > >
> > > I like the work/tips this guys has been doing...
> > > <http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/c6.html>
> > >

> > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,