I don't check the group very often, and read maybe 3 emails out of 50, so i
probably skipped over your first one

I think your methods for motivation are not thought out...

Here is what you did:
1. insulted an entire country
2. insulted the videobloggers in that country
3. insulted the yahoo group they are members of
4. claim that all members of the group are only concerned with materialistic
matters

you need to re-think your methodology...

I worry that your desire to help charity is equal to your desire to earn
hits to popularize your site...

I think there are plenty of people interested in helping charitable causes
but the way to get them involved is not to insult them because they didn't
respond to your one email

On 2/17/07, Paul Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Please, please, please, just read the e-mail, that's all you need to
> do, please try to be completely un american about this and at least
> give me some help on this, I don't ask for much, just that you read
> the f'ing e-mail. All I want is support not money, I rally should be
> typing this is capital letters, really.
>
> JUST DIGG ME FOR f's SAKE, make this popular, not for me, BUT FOR THE
> CHARITY, that's how thing usually WORK right?
>
> And send me any jokes that you feel would make people belly laugh,
> there is an incentive for you all.
>
> But hey, I suppose all that motivates this group is money, or toys
> (gadgets) or a discussion about being banned from youtube, big deal,
> I just expected something more from the 1000's of people here, who
> are selfish enough not to share their success with anyone less worthy.
>
> The best way to proceed with this argument is to stop saying hey, I
> never saw the e-mail and taking steps, personally if you want to, to
> get these posts to greater media, posting diggs and technoriaties or
> comments on vlogs etc. This is one of the reasons i got into
> vlogging in the first place and to be ignored by the "great and the
> Good" ha, is just not good enough.
>
> I have seen it before in this clique, a community, ha!
> So log as you can't hold a get together in NY, you are forgotten and
> ignored.
> This group IS made up of more people from outside the US than you think!
> Stop being so f'ing selfish.
>
> Paul Knight
>
> (BTW anyone from outside the UK can't contribute to this Charity, but
> I just need digging so that people know what I am doing to raise
> cash, simple enough for you to understand, or shall I elucidate some
> more)
> On 17 Feb 2007, at 20:54, Gena wrote:Gena
>

> > Hey Paul, This is the first that I'm seeing the post. I didn't even
> > know that you were sick. Besides, you know how many posts flow through
> > the group. You also know that sometimes posts are delayed from
> > appearing through no fault of the postee.
> >
> > If you posted this Friday UK that is in the early morning California
> > PST (i.e. 2-3am) I'm not reading, I'm sleeping! Literally!
> >
> > Also I have to say that if I see something titled Charity Event that
> > generally means it is something to attend and since I am on
> > transportation lock down I might have ignored it even if I had seen it
> > which I didn't cuz I was sleep.
> >
> > Titles man, descriptive titles go a long way to drawing attention.
> > Let me read what you have proposed and we'll see if we can pass it
> > down the line and get some reactions.
> >
> > P.S. If it ever comes up in Parliament I would like to propose that
> > the UK switch to Pacific Standard Time. I realize it would be a major
> > disruption but sacrifices have to be made to promote international
> > unity. Or effective group communications.
> >
> > Yeah, the finger is waving. In a Moe Howard kind of way but lovingly
> > none the less.

> [...]

Josh Leo

www.JoshLeo.com
www.WanderingWestMichigan.com