--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Moon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We discussed this at the Podcamp Toronto, but I think it's worth
> discussing here, in this group.
>
> As a vlogger, we spend our time filming, editing and posting our
> vlogs. We invest our time to our hobby.
> On the other side of the coin, our viewers also invest their time in
> watching and commenting.
>
> We, as vloggers, bloggers, podcasters have the responsibility to keep
> producing vlogs or at least tell our viewers why we've stopped or
> when/if we'll be getting back into it.
>
> I know of a bunch of vlogs that I use to follow, but the creator has
> just stopped. Perhaps they got bored, hit by a bus or maybe it's
> equipment issues. Regardless what the reason is, I want to know why
> they've stopped. A simple post would be nice.
>
> If you normally do a daily show and then decide you can't keep up with
> that schedule, then let the viewers know. If you normally post on a
> Thursday, but you're away for a couple weeks, let your viewers know.
> If you are going to shelf the whole idea or vlogging, it'd be great if
> you could recommend other sites your viewers could visit instead.
>
> If you are a vlogger and have come into a creative block, let your
> users know. "You know, I just don't feel like doing a show this week,
> so instead I'd like to offer you a best-of show". A change of scenery
> might be all that it takes. If you have a vlog about horror movies and
> you're tired of talking about slashers, maybe you could start talking
> about chick-flicks or other genre. Heck, even Star Trek had spin offs.
>
> Anyhow... just remember that the time you, as a vlogger, are investing
> in creation, there are others who are also investing their time in
> watching.
>
> Mike
> http://vlog.mikemoon.net

Very good point.  I agree with extending that courtesy to the viewers.
 I agree the most in situations where viewers were solicited in the
first place.  This kind of ties into the conversation about "the
audience of ten".

If you're doing your vlog because you feel like it or you happened to
have something to say to your small, selected audience, maybe it
doesn't make sense to make a post saying you're not going to post
because it's already implied in the informal nature of your set of
videos.  However, if you're doing something where you've specifically
asked people to tune in, or you've been posting on a regular schedule
consistently, kind of _implying_ an intention to continue to do so, I
think a notice about changing something or taking a break from
something or maybe even doing re-runs is a good idea and shows
courtesy and consideration to the people that cared enough to check
your site on a regular basis or subscribe to you.

--
Bill C.
http://ReelSolid.TV