Just my 2 cents here and not sure if anyone cares but....I think
combining vloggercon with another event right now would be a
mistake.  I can understand the allure of combining 'vlogging' with
something esle already in place, but by doing so you could overwhelm
people.  I'm still struggling with the 'how' and 'what' add in a
conferance where you have hundrends of choices and where do you
start.  The community overall is still pretty small, having an event
where you can meet with others and share and communicate....that is
still just about vlogging I think is still important.

I know I didn't do a really good job explaining my 'arguement'....i
guess the best way I can explain it is this.  You are into Star Wars,
now do you wanna go to a convention where all they have is star wars
meet up with friends you have met online, make new friends and
possibly learn something you didn't know.  Or do you wanna do to an
all you can be convention where they talk about everything and star
wars is just a small part.  you wander around and look at a bunch of
things that are cool, and yea sometimes you find something neat but
you 'feel' alone cause none or not many of your friends are around,
you get a bit lost in the crowd....

Me, I wanna go to just the Star Wars show, I can always go
to 'another con' later....but that's just me....regarless I hope to
be able to meet some of you.  If nothing else just to shake your hand
and say "hey"....

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There will be plenty of tents for meetups of large groups.  We have
also
> been talking about having Videoblog Salons or whatever you may call
them...
> places for videobloggers to get together, shoot, upload and
generally be
> vloggerconny.
>
> I keep hearing about how you folks want to camp; I think barcampusa
will
> have that room.
>
> Remember though:  barcampusa is not just about videoblogging.  So
if you
> want total immersion in JUST videoblogging, then hooking up with
barcampusa
> may not be the right choice.
>
> Either way, I've already committed time and energy to the
videoblogging
> tract at barcampusa last month.  Nothing is in stone, and all can
be mutated
> to fit what we want.  (welcome to barcamp!)
>
> But to bring the point home:  barcamp is not just videoblog
specific, but
> there will be tents that will basically be pretty darn vloggerconic.
>
> Yes, I said "vloggerconic", which is much better than a "vlogger-
colonic".

> Schlomo
> http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
> http://webshots.com/is/spotlight
> http://hatfactory.net
> http://evilvlog.com
>

> On 2/27/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Doesn't it come down to whether anyone is willing to take
> > responsibility for organising it all in the time available, now
that
> > it's almost March?
> >
> > Logistically, surely it makes sense to do it in a place where
> > everything's all set up and ready to go? ie BarcampUSA? I know
I've