Carter, who joined the group very recently.

This thread is what started the discussion on crowdabout:

Anyway i hope such stuff gets used a lot. I guess it might take a
while for people to get used to video comments, its the sort of thing
I used to dream of and was glad when youtube added it, the video
the effort required and relative loss of anonimity act as a filter to
the sorts of comments that get made in text, at least so far. So
anyways crowdabout.us definately interests me but I dont know what
else to say about ti really. I hope it gets used, I suppose there
could be a gap here if the sorts of videos most likely to use such
things, are not the ones that actually end up getting hosted with this
technology. Its unfairly easier for an already huge service like
youtube to put in new features and have people use them, can see if
something is a success much quicker because the users are already there.

Anyway Im mad keen on sustainable/energy issues so I should try out
the video comment timeline features on some planet2025 content, but
its early days and I dont want to go first lol.

Ive completely forgotten if there are any other services that offer
extra things linked to the timeline (& probably done in flash). Ive
got this feeling I saw something vaguely simmilar quite a while ago
but it might be a phantom memory or something unrelated.

I was thinking the other day that syndication, mobile device, ipod,
apple tv etc etc compatibility issues might have been great barrier
that has prevented the ideo of what a videoblog is from evolving in
certain strange directions. Wheras if we think only about being in a
browser, all sorts of possbilities open up, the linear nature of video
in videoblogs can be questioned. Adrian Miles, are you still on this
list? Im not suggesting that we should abandon syndication etc, but
youtube stuck to the browser and look where they got, and I would love
to see what could be achieved.

At the moment I am thinking about a videoblog which is actually a
multimedia show of your entire blog, generated automatically. I wonder
if that sparse description made any sense, more to follow on this
topic in coming days.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"