Interesting email I got. Attacking the msm for a presidential politician is
very risky, but you can almost imagine the implications as it reads.

The potential is great which we all know, but it feels like we may soon reach a
tipping point.

Email:

You may have heard by now that John Edwards was the first candidate to
officially say no to the Fox News debate in Nevada –- and because of
the hard work of so many grassroots and netroots Democrats, news
is breaking tonight that Fox is out.

Fox has already started striking back at John for saying no. (There's
a surprise – Fox attacking a Democrat.) Last night, Roger Ailes – the
life-long Republican operative who is now Chairman of Fox News
Channel –  said that any candidate "who believes he can blacklist
any news organization is making a terrible mistake" and "is impeding
freedom of speech and free press."

And John's not their only target. Tonight Fox News Vice President
David Rhodes is telling news organizations not to get involved in the
Nevada Democratic Caucus because of "radical fringe" groups –
meaning grassroots Democrats (that would be you) – who objected to
Fox's long history of spreading Republican propaganda at the expense
of Democratic leaders.

The whole right wing is getting in on the attack; the Drudge Report is
blaring the headline: "War! Dems Pull Out of Fox News Debate."

Enough is enough. It's time to send a clear message to Fox News and
their allies that their right-wing talking points and temper tantrums
won't go unchallenged anymore  –  when it comes to what Democrats
should do in the Democratic primary, we'll decide – no matter what
they report:

http://johnedwards.com/r/7146/53693/

Fox News has already proven they have no intention of providing "fair
and balanced" coverage of any Democrat in this election.

In recent weeks they have run blatant lies about Senator Obama's
background. And Fox was only too happy to give Ann Coulter a platform
to spew more hate a few days after her bigoted attack on Senator
Edwards and the gay community.

Now it's time for Democrats to stand together and send a clear message
to Roger Ailes, Fox News and all the rest of them: bias isn't balance,
but turning tables is fair:

http://johnedwards.com/r/7147/53693/

The truth is, Fox News can "report" whatever they want. And when it
works for us, we'll deal with them on our terms. But this campaign is
about responsibility and accountability, and we need to send the
message to Fox that if they want to be the corporate mouthpiece of
the Republican Party more than they want to be an impartial news
outlet, they shouldn't expect Democrats to play along.

You can send that message by contributing today, and remind Fox News
that in this election, Democrats won't take their spin lying down:

http://johnedwards.com/r/7148/53693/

Thank you for standing up for what we believe in.

Jonathan Prince
Deputy Campaign Manager
John Edwards for President

P.S. If the folks at Fox wonder why nobody thinks they play it
straight, they should take a look at what Roger Ailes said
about debates in 1988 when he was a top Republican
spinmaster for then Vice President Bush: He told the Washington
Post, "I don't know that we need to do more than one [debate].
There's no reason to think we'd need more than one." And he
told the New York Times, "I don't think you learn anything about
the issues" from debates. So please send Roger Ailes a message:
Hypocrisy isn't fair and it isn't balanced; it's just hypocrisy -
and we've had enough of it from you.

Help support John Edwards for President with a contribution today:

  + http://johnedwards.com/r/7149/53693/

Spread the word. Tell a friend about John Edwards for President:

  + http://johnedwards.com/r/7150/53693/

If a friend sent you this message, join the campaign:

  + http://johnedwards.com/r/7151/53693/

by John Edwards for President, please paste the following
address into your web browser:

 + http://johnedwards.com/optout?p=MjAwLDUzNjkz%0A

Paid for by John Edwards for President
410 Market Street, Suite 400, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
(919) 636-3131 / www.johnedwards.com

Contributions to John Edwards for President are not deductible
for federal income tax purposes.

Sent via CrackBerry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM

<*> Your email settings: