Nice dream :) It could be achieved to a certain extent using the sorts
of remoting stuff you are referring to, think something like VNC has a
'view-only' mode? But in practice it wouldnt be ideal for most people
to do it that way?

What I hope is that online tools make this sort of stuff not only
possible, but great, and will evolve to a level where it is very easy
for people to collaborate simultaneously on something, or just sit
back and watch others using the tools.

I would guess so far that online video editing, slideshow,
presentation etc online web apps are still in their infancy, but once
they reach a certain level of maturity, sooner or later someone will
add some crazy features that blow the lid on a rich new spectrum of
collaborative possibilities.

Love peoples dreams, more dreams please :)

Steve Elbows