Sports are helping keep big cable/sat companies afloat I think.  If it
weren't for DirecTV's awesome sports packages like Sunday Ticket and the
NCAA College Hoops package, TV would be completely irrelevant for me.  I'm
on Blockbuster's movie thing (great), and I can watch all the [adult swim] I
want on their website.  I'd miss out on shows like South Park and Good Eats,
but I'm sure I could find those online too.

I don't see sports moving to the net anytime soon though, because of the
sheer amount of live production work it takes to make a successful
broadcast.

--
Adam Quirk
Wreck & Salvage