I'll experiment with this format issue tonight.

Meanwhile another option are things like this recently announced
product that is a PC built into a TV:

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/7029/8053/rock-meivo-lcd-computer-tv.phtml

Not a very big screen for a TV, it strikes me that this device is
actually a PC equivalent of the iMac, so it will be interesting to
compare price as I still believe Apple is a little pricey, and its not
just a case of their spec being above the PC to justify that extra
price. They are certainly a lot more competitive in the last few
years, but my brain still thinks Im paying an Apple style tax in the
same way Sony stuff carries a premium.

Anyway if one with a suitable screen size was available at the right
price then that'd certainly be an interesting option to put media
center on.

Cheers

Steve Elbows