A website with the memorable name www.Hoboken411.com has been in the
news lately.  The local school board has put unrealistic and illegal
restrictions on the videotaping of public meetings of the school
boards in Hoboken, NJ.

There is an interesting legal history regarding this.  The NJ Supreme
Court has ruled that taping of suc h public meetings can't be prohibited.

In Hoboken, City Council meetings are held in a room only holding a
couple hundred onlookers.  Accoustics are terrible & it is nearly
impossible to hear what is being said even by those in the front rows.

I've suggested using a shotgun microphone to zero-in on different
politicians as they speak and make comments to one another, then
broadcasting them on the Internet using www.Hoiboken411.com as a
promotional tool.

Here's the link to the story:
http://hoboken411.com/archives/6244

I was looking at shotgun mikes and the B&H salesperson recommended a
Rhode NTG-2 Shotgun Condenser mike for $249.00  Does anyone have any
experience with these types of microphones?

I have a somewhat directional plug-in mike for doing on casmera
interviews but am totally inexperienced when it comes to using a
shotgun mike.

Think I might get charged with breaking "the gun laws" for walking
into Hoboken City Hall with my Sony A1U camera outfitted with a
shotgun mike? :-)

Vloggingly yours,

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
Hoboken, NJ