What you are saying is excatly part of the problem.  Like you said,
if it wasn't Bochco, no press.  Heck it's not even orginal....and the
sad/funny part is it will still cost 10-20 times the amount it should
to produce.....MSM really has no idea what is happening at a
fundamental level but we all knew that right?

Like I said before, who cares, I vlog because I can!

Heath
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Cammack"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem that I have with people making a big deal that Steven
> Bochco is doing an internet series is that there's nothing "Steven
> Bochco" about it.  See for yourself. <http://www.metacafe.com/cc>.
If

<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004766/>)
> who's won 10 Emmy Awards has lent his name to a project with
> ABSOLUTELY.ZERO.PRODUCTION.VALUE? hahahaha :/
>
> Here's what MetaCafe had to say about it on their blog:
> <http://blog.metacafe.com/?p=109>
>
> "So what is Cafe Confidential? It's a whole new section of Metacafe.
> And it's all about storytelling - the girl next door and the guy
> across hall telling you about their craziest experiences, with no
> scripts, no sets and no special effects."
>
> "Café Confidential was conceived by Hollywood producer Steven
Bochco.
> After creating such hit television series as "NYPD Blue" and "L.A.
> Law," Bochco wanted to find a new generation of storytellers - but
not
> another screenwriter. His Café Confidential team scouted the streets
> and malls of L.A. in search of interesting young men and women."
>
> "These "amateur" storytellers weren't afraid to get personal as they
> described their dates, their jobs and their families. Bochco then
> selected the best of the stories for Metacafe, which is what you'll
> find at Café Confidential right now."
>
> So, actually, Steven Bochco has NOTHING to do with the series except
> giving the yay or nay to whatever his APs went out and shot.
>
> Anyone else could have done exactly the same thing, and it would
have
> gotten ZERO press.  I think I'll make a series about people standing
> at bus stops around my city and call it "Bus Stop Confidential". :/
>
> --
> Bill C.
> http://TheLab.ReelSolid.TV
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <compumavengal@> wrote:
> >
> > I try to limit how much crap I can stand in one day. Today, not so
> > good. I feel barfy. I was reading the article about Steven Bocho's
> > stepping into internet video and he sees it as a diversion.
That's
> [...]
time "I
> > didn't know!" "How long has this been going on?"
> >
> > Another thing to consider is time is fractured. Most people tend
> > allocate what time they have available with and growing set of
> resources.
> >
> > Good vlogs are not easy to find for novice users. You have to
have the
> > right players on the system. Bandwidth issues. And even if you
send
> > them the link they are too embarrassed to tell you they don't
know how
> > to view the video.
> >
> > In closing, I hold dear that statement that Barry Diller gave as
few
> > months ago and is buried in the archive.
> >
> > A quote from InterActiveCorp CEO Barry Diller:
> >
> > > There is not that much talent in the world, and talent always
outs.
> > > There are very few really talented people in closets that don't
get
> > > out. When we are talking about mass audience, which is the
system of
> > > entertainment we have known for some time, when you are really
> > making a television program or a game there will be relatively few
> > people [able to do that] because there is simply not enough
talent.
> > That may be a birdbrained statement, but it is mine.
> > >
> > > "People with talent and expertise at making entertainment
products
> > are not going to be displaced by 1,800 people coming up with their
> > videos that they think are going to have an appeal."
> >
> > I continue to live (and blog/vlog)in defiance!
> >
> > Gena
> > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
> > http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah, and this weekend I listened to an extremely intelligent,
well-
> > > respected man telling me that man-made global warming was a
myth,
> > > presumably just because he wanted to provoke a response / have
an
> > > iconoclastic opinion.   I didn't rise to that, either.
> > >
> > > These aren't really provocative - they're shallow subjective
> personal
> > > opinions based on limited experiences, masquerading as broad
> > > statements of fact.
> > >
> > > I always assume that the majority of regular people think I'm
weird
> > > (or worse) for putting videos online, because I think they
> probably do.
> > >
> > > Define 'failure' as stated by David Scott Lexis, when he
says 'video
> > > blogs have been a failure'.  What have they failed at?
> > >
> > > So they're not as popular or accessible as American Idol (even
here,
> > > we're infected) but then neither is [fill in blank].  I guess
[fill
> > > in blank] has been a failure, too.  That's a really
interesting
> > > viewpoint, David - thanks for your input.
> > >
> > >  From all the scores of people that I know or have talked to
about
> my
> > > videoblog in Real Life over the past 2 years, there are only 2
who
> > > have blogs and maybe 3 others who ever read blogs.
> > >
> > > I forward on links to vlogs to my friends and family whenever I
> think
> > > they'd be interested in a particular video - but not one has
ever
> > > wanted to have a vlog or blog themselves or to continue to
watch or
> > > read by themselves.
> > >
> > > The overwhelming majority of people you talk to in the UK think
that
> > > blogs are confessional public diaries for narcissists (not
that
> > > they've ever read one, if you ask).  By this measure, 'blogs
have
> > > been a failure'
> > >
> > > As for that other guy "Erick"s definition of entertainment...
yawn.
> > > Some people make them.  Some people watch them.  Some people
enjoy
> > > them.  Some people do good and interesting things and reach
> audiences
> > > that they couldn't have reached before.  What possible
relevance has
> > > someone's subjective viewpoint of 'boring' or 'failure' got to
do
> > > with this?  My wife Kate is enjoying the new American Idol.
I'd

(http://tinyurl.com/
> > > 2bcqx5) about VLIP i
> > > read the following provocative statements:
> > >
> > > 'Erick' writes:
> > >
> > > "Unless a person is at least the slightest bit entertaining,
> Vlogging
> > > stinks. I dont want to
> > > look at some weirdo sitting at home/work talking into a webcam
about
> > > their lame day or
> > > skill or opinion. If you arent as entertaining as Ze Frank,
then you
> > > stink and nobody wants
> > > to hear/see you..."
> > >
> > > and David Scott Lexis writes:
> > >
> > > "Video blogs have been a failure, as I noted in a couple of
AlwaysOn
> > > Network columns.
> > > Videos are one thing; automatically downloading video blogs (or
> video
> > > podcasts; I prefer
> > > "video podcasts") is too bandwidth intensive, too slow, takes
up too
> > > much hard disk space.
> > >
> > > You want to leave your computer on all night to download video
> > > podcasts? Well, good for
> > > you … but you're in the minority. How many video podcasts have
been
> > > successful? Do any
> > > have over 10,000 subscribers to their feed?
> > >
> > > Compare and contrast with "standard" blogs — such as this one.
> Matter
> > > of fact, are there
> > > any video podcasts that have even 1% of the subscribers that
> > > TechCrunch has? None that
> > > I'm aware of, and in my public blogroll I subscribe to a lot
(http://
> > > www.bloglines.com/
> > > public/DSL).
> > >
> > > Mind you, this might be a decent idea, but until bandwidth, hard
> disk
> > > space and all sorts
> > > of other limitations are overcome (like the need for better
and
> > > easier production
> > > techniques), it will remain a novelty for the SXSW crowd (and
> they're
> > > not early adopters,
> > > they're "way-too-early adopters"; in the 70's they would have
been
> > > touting the wonders of
> > > AI).
> > >
> > > BTW, I still subscribe to several video podcasts for my iPod.
But I