Ouch heres a c-net story on he same topic:

http://news.com.com/2061-10802_3-6169002.html

That one touches on the possible differences between being a blogger,
a journalist, an actor/entertainer. Also features quotes from Amanda
that seem to suggest that new media is all about breaking rules.

Still it sure does seem like people are taking issue with it because
of Amandas ABC work, so I dont know if someone without mainstream news
affiliation would come under the same scrutiny. So this situation may
not be comparable for the sorts of regulatory issues that the network2
petition is designed to prevent, as it involves a traditonal broadcaster.

Still if its more of an issue if ABC does it, what does that say about
the perceived credibility of blog journalists, why doesnt it matter so
much if they do ads? And where are the people who used to talk about
preserving the integrity of the blogosphere, are they still out there
blogging about this stuff?

Meanwhile all of these questions as applied to advertising and
integrity on the net, could also be raised when it comes to political
videos, funding for them etc. So that would be another reason why some
might be interested in legislating some rules about video on the net.

Great timing to have these 2 things happening at the same time, yet to
see how many people really care about this stuff though, until it
affects them.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/03/abcs-rocketboomer-powered-by-dupont.php