So it looks like we might try a compromise. We're now thinking about
keeping dirty diaper diaries where it is, at
www.dirtydiaperdiaries.com, and linking heavily from it to
http://diaries.ning.com, so vlog visitors can post their own videos
and discussion threads. Neither of us were satisfied with Ning's blog
functionalities - they don't allow categories, for one thing. So
hopefully this will work; I'll start embedding relevant links in both
sites and adjust the CSS so they're seamless, and we'll see how it goes...

andy