I've had repeated trouble uploading .mov Quicktime files to Blip that
I've managed to upload without problems at Veoh & YouTube.

I understand where you are coming from.  I use Blip to cross post to
my vlog which is the way most people see my videos.

The people at Blip are really nice dedicated folks.  Let's face it,
they give us something for nothing and don't infringe copyrights, etc.

They are really at the "spiritual center' of the vlogging movement in
so many ways.  Those really involved in all this have "Blips" in our
heart for Blip.TV :-)

However, I know how upsetting ti is when something that has worked so
well in the past and that you have come to take for granted suddenly
devcelops a bug that threatens to bring down your entire vlogging
"dreamworld".

I haven't even explored features like crossposting that I believe are
offerred by sites like Veoh (where I also post).

If Ryanne Hodson and Jay Dedman hadn't been volunteering at the NYC
ashort-lived Node101 storefront on weekends back in the fall of 2005,
I'm not sure I would have ever even gotten my RSS feed up and running.

I still haven't figured out how to add a description to it in
Feedburner or MeFeedia so I really don't get the subscriptions I might.

None of us should put "all our eggs in one basket".  That is why I
post on three sites: Blip, Veoh & YouTube.

Each site offers something special.  Blip is great at crossposting.
Veoh has an educated and cultured viewership I've not found elsewhere
& allows you to publish v ideos of any length.  YouTube has "the
masses"--most of whom are mindless consumers.

YouTube is like a mammoth garbage dump with "crown jewels" buried here
and there.  If you know how to searchg, use subscriptions & favorites,
etc. and you're willing to settle for low quality videos if you use
SnapzPro to capture videos from the Internet, YouTube has real things
to offer too.

I'd personally like to know more about Google & some of the other
hosting sites folks use and what their opinions are regarding them.

Originally, I stuck strictly with Blip because I thought I might want
to use my videos in a commercial documentary.  Then I got "corrupted"
by the much greater traffic and reactions I could get to my videos on
Veoh and YouTube.

At this point, for me, "my message" is the medium, and I've really
stopped caring about ownership rights, etc.  I want to share my videos
with as many people as I can find to watch them.

That said, my heart still belongs to Blip and I'll put up with as many
shortcomings as I can before seeking other options.  I really hope
that day never comes.  I would like to see Blip be the "next big thing".
Vloggingly yours,
Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
www.RandyWickerReporting.blogspot.com
Hoboken, NJ (One short mile from the center of the known world)
201-656-3280

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "furnitology" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>