Wow - great discussion here, and very relevant to a lot of questions
we have been asked here at Mefeedia. Some observations that we have
seen:

1) Views are interesting, but an audience is a LOT more interesting -
 particularly if you want to monetize. Advertisers like
predictability.

2) A recommendation from a friend (or trusted source / blog) is a
lot more valuable in terms of gaining an audience than being
featured or being found in a search.

3) Producing great content, repeatedly, is key - not suprising here.

Building on these three points (particularly #2) - what do you think
about "featured personalities" on a site like Mefeedia - like a "get
to know your videoblogger" - very interactive
and engaging.

Thanks,
-Frank

Frank Sinton