Forgot to say that the Apple examples are a case of using a rather
high bitrate to make sure the footage looks real nice. You could
encoder at same resolutions that they have, but use a lower bitrate,
and get much smaller files than theirs. Then theres differences
between codecs, might get away with lower bitrates using DivX or WMV
for example, or the other way round, I gave up spending all my time
being a codec nerd a while back so I cant bring myself to do my own
comparison anymore. WMV gets a fair bit of praise in the HD
department, but h264 and divx both look rather good to me too. Anyway
I will shutup now as you may not even have been asking about that side
of the equation.

Cheers

Steve Elbows