They seem to be giving attribution and providing direct download links
to the original file ... downloads will hit blip for stats and links
will hit feedburner and what not ... but the transcoding still bugs
me.  I wonder why these sites are so determined to eat up their own
hosting/bandwidth space when they needn't?

They seem to have come close at this site and say on their "publishers" page:

"Protecting Your Stuff We are creative types ourselves and understand
that hollow and angry feeling when someone hijacks your stuff. So we
provide very visible attribution of your content, which we copy
completely intact with all beauty you intended. And if you don't want
your videos on Pyro.TV, we promise to take it down right away"

Sounds like they may be the sort who will be willing to go that last
mile and stop the "copy" portion of their plan and just use the
content we're already distributing in the feed.

... here's hoping. :-)

- Dave