not sure if any posted this yet.. but this is from Apple:

---

Greetings from the iTunes Podcasting Team:

Apple TV is here, and podcasts are making a big move into the living room. We
want all of
them to look as good as possible, so we have three video formatting
recommendations for
you. Also note that we have just posted a revised and expanded technical spec.
Finally, the
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference is coming up. There's a major focus on
developers of content in addition to developers of software.

Recommendations for Formatting Video Podcasts

1. If you're encoding your video podcast at 320x240, please increase the
resolution to
either 640x480 or 640x360 (depending on the aspect ratio of your source files).
Why?
Because video podcasts at this resolution look great on Apple TV and still port
to video
iPods. Lower resolution podcasts might also work on both platforms, but they
don't look
nearly as good on a widescreen TV. As always, make sure to test any encoding
changes
you make to ensure device compatibility. QuickTime 7.1's "Export to iPod"
function will
ensure that a video file is encoded at a width of 640 and is iPod-compatible.

2. It's best not to create two different podcast feeds for different
resolutions. By doing so,
you dilute the popularity of your podcast and reduce exposure in our charts.
It's better to
have one feed high in the charts than two that are lower.

3. If your source files are 16:9, stick with that aspect ratio. Don't add
letterboxing to make
them 4:3. By doing so, you prevent the video from expanding to fill a 16:9
widescreen TV
and instead end up with black space on all four sides. Also, your original
source files
should be at least 640 pixels wide.

Of course these are just recommendations. We understand that there are good
reasons for
320x240 (bandwidth bills) and 720p (looks fantastic). Do whatever makes the
most sense
for your show.  For more information on formatting video, see the recently
updated spec:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html

To see a sample of excellent podcasts that also look great with Apple TV, check
out the
Apple TV Podcast Showcase.

WWDC June 11 - 15, San Francisco, CA

The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC07) has a whole session track
dedicated to Content and Media developers, designers, information architects,
graphic
designers and web producers.

You'll learn how to implement best practices to harness digital content for
delivery to the
Web, applications and devices such as the iPod or Apple TV. Whether you're
creating next-
generation rich-media portals or leveraging the latest AJAX toolkits to develop
hybrid/Web
integrated OS X applications, the Content and Media track provides the latest
information
on how to build modern, platform-optimized experiences for Mac OS X Leopard.

WWDC07 is your opportunity to connect with Apple engineers, get a firsthand
look at the
latest technologies and spend a week getting the information you won't find
anywhere
else.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Best regards,