Maybe this is crazy but I feel like this whole Wikipedia thing has
turned back time 3 years or something. Here we are trying to figure
out what the rules are; what we're allowed to say; what will pass the
litmus test. Oh the irony! I can't take it anymore.

The idea of making a videoblogging piece similar in spirit to Chuck
Olsen's Blogumentary has been floating around since at least the first
vloggercon. What if we used our own wiki (with our own rules or lack
of rules) to collect stories and videos (!) about the history of
videoblogging? You can post stories, pictures, old videos, new videos,
quote blogs and vlogs and your local paper - whatever you need to get
the point across. Maybe some day someone will take all of that a make
a film or a book out of it. If that happens we can add that to the
wiki too!

We don't have to come up with some ultimate definition of
videoblogging that everyone agrees on. Just document what happened and
what's currently happening. The definition can be found in there and
can change as we change. Maybe we can even try not to delete each
others stuff. If you disagree, write your own version of the events.
Soon we'll all forget what happened; how it evolved and we'll either
have something like this wiki to tell our history or we'll be stuck
with whatever is allowed on Wikipedia or gets published in the "real"
media.

We're videobloggers - we know how to do this.

Check it out - http://vlogumentary.pbwiki.com

- Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com