Hey everyone,

I know there's about zero interest left in this. (i feel the same way,
i would have dropped it a long time ago if it weren't for my wiki
account on the chopping block)

Just wanted to report that the Ban Request has been closed with
results pasted below.  Thankfully, if anything good came out of this
it's that there's some good discussions going on in the talk page and
the article has gained a lot of sources.  I'd like to get a third
party Admin to check out the article in a week or so and give us some
tips & comments.  Hopefully, someone'll throw in some book citations.
Good weekend and let's hope for a calmer Monday.

Community sanction discussion

"Well, what I see there, in for example this edit[1], is the example
of dictionary definitions and a link farm. I'm sure you were trying to
help, but that edit really *would* need a lot of improvement.
Wikipedia is not[2] the dictionary, though we do have a sister
project, Wiktionary,[3] which you might wish to look at if you want to
write dictionary definitions. Also, please note that, to be quite
frank, I couldn't care less who any of you are, up to and including if
you invented the Internet. We write from reliable sources,[4] never
our own knowledge, thoughts, or experience[5], so it really doesn't
matter a bit who an editor is. If Linus Torvalds[6] came along to edit
the Linux[7] article, he'd *still* be expected to source. (And deal
with me asking about a few bugfixes. But that's a different story.)
>From what I can see, Pdelongchamp has been doing a great job keeping
laundry lists[8], dictionary definitions[9], material "sourced" to
blogs, and such things out of the article. You'd probably not do badly
to *listen to him*, and work at improving the article. Most of the
material I can see that Pdelongchamp is removing really isn't
acceptable."
- Seraphimblade Talk to me 01:16, 4 May 2007 (UTC)

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Video_blog&diff=127290390&oldid=127280521
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOT
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RS
[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOR
[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds
[7] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
[8] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:LAUNDRY
[9] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:DICDEF

"*Comments after looking at the evidence*
Being sensitive to your concerns I have to ask you guys from
groups.yahoo.com/vlogging - have you read policy documents before
coming to Community sanction noticeboard? First off if members of the
yahoo group are working to support each other this is a breach of
Wikipedia:Sock puppetry:Meatpuppets[1] and a serious one - Single
purpose accounts[2] are not encouraged. Second although Pdelongchamp
didn't mention it there is a possible Conflict of interest[3] problem
here - authors or those associated with them should not be adding
their books to wikipedia - this site is not for self promotion.
I haven't seen one reason to block Pdelongchamp. The diff I see
here[4] is an example of proper editing practice - removal of original
research[5]. The only issue I could have with Pdelongchamp is their
slight failure to assume good faith[6] but this is not a blocking
offence. I do think Pdelongchamp deleted too many external links from
this version [7] - I would have deleted 80% of them and kept "Citizens
do media for themselves, BBC Technology" "TV Stardom on $20 a Day, New
York Times" 'Vlogger (noun): Blogger With Video Camera, The Wallstreet
Journal" & "The next big thing: vlogging, Times Online, UK" - but only
if they were worked into the article. As far as I can see there is no
malicous intent from, no wrong doing by and no need for sanction
against Pdelongchamp. However I do think there should have been more
of a compromise on both sides. Mmeiser was trying to improve the
article, he was going about it wrong but the edits seem to be good
faith
Mmeiser & the vloggers, you should have requested comment[8] in order
to build a consensus[9] on the talk page or in the very least Mmeiser
should have taken User:Adrian_M._H[10]. advice and created temporary
page[11] in their userspace. User:Adrian_M._H[10]. has made a trojan
effort to mediate between Pdelongchamp and Mmeiser I recommend that
this block request be withdrawn and Adrian_M._H's advice taken
forthwith. As an uninvolved party I would be happy to host a temp
rewrite page in my userspace if this is of assitance to both sides"
-Cailil talk 01:27, 4 May 2007 (UTC)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppetry#Meatpuppets
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Single_purpose_account
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Conflict_of_interest
[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Video_blog&diff=next&oldid=106060604
[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOR
[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Assume_good_faith
[7] http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Video_blog&oldid=104826246
[8] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RFC
[9] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:CONSENSUS
[10] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Adrian_M._H.
[11] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Content_forking#Temporary_subpages

See the full discussion here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Community_sanction_noticeboard#Request_for_blocking_of_user:Pdelongchamp_on_vlogging_article

p.s. i'm not rubbing this in anyone's face.  just taking the
opportunity to clear my name if only in the slightest.  i think I'm
entitled to try. pd

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: