I like Joost, but the question i keep asking about these "players":
Why aggregate on the Desktop / Player? It just feels like the player
will eventually be ubiquitous - you will play your media on whatever
device you are currently on - Desktop, iPod, XBox 360, Car TV,
Airplane TV - whenever you want access to what you want to watch,
you will be able to get it.

Web-based aggregation just makes so much more sense if you look at
it from the perspective of what aggregators should do best:

1) Help people discover great content, and help content creators
gain audiences.
2) Give people tools to organize and share that content with others.
3) Provide an easy mechanism to enjoy that content on whatever
device / player the consumers and creators want.

Our belief is that the aggregators that do these three things well
will provide value and rise up above others. It just makes so much
more sense for this to be web-based and be independent of the type
of content (viral, vlogs, MSM). The future will be about people
enjoying content from CNN and Rocketboom, Scrubs and Ask a Ninja,
The Office and Goodnight Burbank. It is very similar to how i read
news today - Wall Street Journal and PaidContent.org, Business 2.0
and TechCrunch, etc...

Andrew - fell free to give me a call if you want to discuss. 310-927-
7841.

Thanks,
-Frank

Frank Sinton