Hi everyone:

On 6/12/07, Roxanne Darling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> While the intent to try to control or prevent those who would be
>  violent may be laudable and I understand your desire to police from
>  within (something most other groups like doctors and lawyers find
>  impossible to do), I think the actual attempts will be fraught with
>  trouble.
>
>  We cannot control other people.  We can influence them. It creates a
>  sticky wicket for the peace-able among us.
>
>  And so I would encourage you to get your message out there as loud as
>  possible and attract as many people to your point of view as possible,
>  and be able to perhaps demonstrate by the numbers, that the majority
>  of new media or the voters or the videobloggers are committed to
>  nonviolence or whatever. (Are we?  I don't know actually.)
>
>  Any time any of us attempt to speak for or restrain the acts of others
>  without their express buy on, then we are simply doing the same things
>  we reject when others attempt to do that to us.  It's one of those one
>  way streets that makes sense when you go down it forward, but really
>  doesn't makes sense when you turn around and look at it from the other
>  direction.
>
>  You meanwhile have a passion and a vehicle and go to town with it and
>  see what happens!

Well I have just posted an audio podcast which goes into the point I'm
trying to make (Expressing emotion and passion via text has NEVER been
my forte' if you can tell :) ).  The podcast is at
http://thepcradioshow.blogspot.com/2007/06/pat-cook-show-episode-09.html
My comments will go pretty much to the end.

The topic was also brought up on my TV show last week, though it will
be posted shortly.  I'll follow up with info on how and where you can
catch that as soon as it's posted. :)

--
Pat Cook
Denver, Colorado