Hey Deirdré,

I don't think a sub $300 cam thats good in low light exists. When
you buy a more expensive camera part of what you are paying for is
better low light performance and all the things that make it
possible (larger ccds, better optics etc). Some of the lower end
Canons and Sonys have pretty good low light performance but they are
priced just above the $300 mark. Check camcorderinfo.com for some
pretty good reviews and sample footage of most of the cameras
available now. They do extensive low light testing too.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
http://lofistl.com
http://billstreeter.net