Hi everyone:

On 6/28/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So.  I'm going to have a little experiment in July.  I'm going to
>  copy all new Twittervlog posts onto Youtube.
>
>  I've never really made the effort to post on YouTube, and have
>  complained here before about how I'm turned off by how nasty everyone
>  is there, about the rating system, the visible number of views and
>  how ugly and uncustomisable it is.  It's always seemed to me to have
>  very little friendmaking and social networking going on there.  Just
>  a lot of people shouting LOOK AT *ME*!

Hey, look at the bright side.  At least YouTube isn't as immature as
MySpace, which undoubtedly has little - VERY little beyond the
bimbo-headed bee-bopping teenagers.

>  I'm not very interested in making money, being famous or getting
>  millions of views.  I just want to have fun making films, connect
>  with the kind of people who will like my stuff, get to know people -
>  and maybe evangelise a little about videoblogging & online video.

YouTube will accomplish this quite nicely.

>  Plus, frankly, it feels a little odd when i enthuse to ordinary
>  people about online video and then have to admit that I don't really
>  use YouTube.  I think it probably makes me seem like a snob and a nerd.

Not to mention a little embarrassed too perhaps?

>  I have one video on Youtube at the moment - of the Flash Mob at
>  Victoria Station - and it's had as many views (13,000 - not many by
>  YT standards) as all my 80+ videos on my blog & at Blip combined.
>  And, you know, I've had not one nasty comment.

So why change (Or are you just experimenting)?

>  So.  My aim is to really try to explore the communities there, make a
>  few friends, find like minded people and cool videos and have FUN.

Go for it.

>  Any other non-tubers want to join me?

Look for a username of pchamster there.  That's me.  It's also where I
have my AMWOWT videos.

Cheers :D

--
Pat Cook