Thanks for the tips, Mark.  That's the stuff.  Looking forward to
getting stuck in.
You said, "But it's often the people doing their own weird thing for
a few hundred
viewers that make my YouTube experience fun."
Yeah - that's true of most of the people who make my day in the non-
yt vlog world.  Just replace "a few hundred" with "a few".
Cheers,
Rupert