Well reading the law it looks like you can be in one place for up to
15 minutes before they can actually bust you.  It also says that you
can't be within 100 feet of where you began filming.  If I were in NYC
I would do a documentary called 101 feet.  Bring a tape measure, stay
in one place for about 13 minutes then walk 101 feet to the next
location and film another 13 minutes, do this until it becomes
completely rediculous and you have yourself not only a short film, but
also a protest to the law.