It will help the consumer, but hurt the citizen.

There is a big difference between getting your shit that you bought
delivered and getting access to stuff that is out there.

Delivery vs Access... That's the frames we're working with guys.

AT&T wants to be able to 'deliver you the (their) world', and people
like you and I just want access.

I've been through this before on this list, and I still believe that
it holds true.

If the debate is framed in terms of 'delivery': products being
bought, sold, packaged shipped, etc. If this is the frame for the
debate, we are in trouble.

Our stuff just gets in the way of people getting stuff that 'they
actually paid for'. Quite literally, by definition, our kind of media
impacts the 'consumer'.

It's all going to make sense because it's true. Net Neutrality does
impact the consumer. It makes them have to pay less. Consumers
SPEND,SPEND,SPEND, not save, save, save.

Net Neutrality is an absolute requirement if the internet is going to
be more than an 'information market'. Without Net Neutrality, our
information, 'all information' will become a commodity and it will be
sold to the highest bidder, and guess what? Most real live breathing
people will not be able to compete with the $10 Billion in quarterly
profit of an Exxon. It's nothing for them to shell out $50K, heck
even $500K to get good access, especially when that access is
unchallenged.

In fact, I would even argue that for them to do business it is
imperative that they clamp down on all the cheap and rapid
development of today's internet. It cost more to print the literature
for an obsolete 2 year old running IT project than it would be to pay
a $50,000 flat fee for privileged internet access.

Get evolution to a manageable pace, restrict access and consolidate
power. That's what the destruction of Net Neutrality offers them.

I think that the big companies can't compete in a Net Neutral
internet. There's just too much overhead. Layers and layers of
bureaucracy, layers and layers of costs that must be born because of
instantaneously shifting trends in information technology. The
internet has proven to be more than an information market. We are
more than consumers.

Citizens require access to good information.

Consumers pay to have information delivered.

Access is more important than delivery.

I'd love to talk more about this...

Cheers,

Ron Watson