Some might find this of interest:

http://paulocoelhoblog.com/experimental-witch/

The Experimental Witch

Throughout my career as a writer, I've met people that trusted me
without knowing me well and they have helped me, enabling me to follow
my dreams. I've been visiting the pages of readers this last year and
I've seen excellent works by actresses & actors, musicians, directors,
etc.

That's why I thought: why not make a movie together? I would retain
the rights of the film based on my latest book The Witch of Portobello
while developing this partnership. From then onwards, I've developed
the following project, already registered:

1. The book, The Witch of Portobello, is divided into 15
narrators/perspectives. Most of them – 13 – directly interact with
Athena, the main character.

2.You may register and choose your character (the registration is
limited to 100 filmmakers) at the bottom of this page. I would like
that each filmmaker chooses a character and film his/her perspective.
Since the number of applications is restricted, we will choose the
filmmakers on the basis of "first come, first served". You will
receive an email reply confirming your registration and if your
character of choice is still available.

3. Those that wish to participate will have to record a video and
upload it into their youtube account (of course the original version
has to be in high definition and with perfect sound).
This filmmaker will have to illustrate the scenes where the narrator
interacts with Athena. Since there will be a myriad of projects, I am
aware that Athena will always be a different person (Caucasian,
African, Asian, etc). This plurality is welcomed since Athena's
character is supposed to be "fleeting".
The filmmaker that chooses a narrator's perspective will have to make
all the scenes of the book in which this narrator interacts with
Athena, not merely one chapter. I would prefer that the filmmakers
stay close to the scenes of the book (for instance, if a filmmaker
chooses to narrate the story of Athena from the perspective of the
priest Giancarlo Fontana, he/she will have to illustrate the scene
where Athena is refused the communion after her divorce).

4. Once the filmmaker has done all the scenes that involve their
character of choice, he has to create a Youtube account and upload
their version into this Youtube page for selection. When creating this
Youtube account, please set your videos to private and send us the
link. We ask our participants not to show this to others during the
competition