This one is strange.

Recently a video of mine was the editor's pick on youtube in the
travel and places category http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkub-mlEuts

I expected the video to get quite a number of views, and to better
explain to local business what I am trying to do with my site, I
posted this message on my blog http://www.overlander.tv/2007/youtube/
stating that if a local business HAD sponsored this video (and I put
their ad at the end of the vid), they would be in for some major traffic.

Anyway, it seems youtube are playing funny buggers, The video views
states it has only been viewed 10 more time, from the time before it
was featured, until now, after two days of being featured.

This is despite my youtube page being inundated with views (as has
been my inbox), and the featured video itself, being commented on and
favorited, way more times than the 10 extra views since being featured.

Are youtube playing funny buggers. Did I jinx my correct view count,
by mentioning the video will get 1,000's of views on my vlog?

strange one!!

Mark