funny last paragraph Jay..he he

Paul, I have been trying to promote my site for the last six months and have
joined numerous social networking sites in order to get my work out there

http://www.youtube.com/overlandertv
http://www.myspace.com/overlandertv
http://www.travelistic.com/user/overlandertv
http://www.blogcatalog.com/user/overlander
http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/members/overlandertv/
http://travelvideos.blip.tv/
http://overlandertv.stumbleupon.com/
http://www.technorati.com/people/technorati/overlander
http://community.vlogmap.org/node/1404
http://www.couchsurfing.com/profile.html?id=1LP07FF

This is what I have found.

If a video is found on youtube, or featured, the number of viewers  and
subscribers to your youtube site will explode, nothing can beat youtube for
audience size. BUT does that translate to people viewing your own site?

I have found only 12 people have visited my site this month since a video of
mine has been featured on youtube, this is despite my youtube channel being
viewed approx 4000 times over the last week!

I recently made up a banner for my site which I posted on several myspace
friends comments section. This little experiment has lead to 12,000 views from
myspace. Mainly coming from the pages of high profile rock bands.

I try to find people who are doing similar stuff to me, tag them as friends

good luck

Mark

Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  > I have
about twenty videos at blip.tv
 >  They are then cross-posted to blogger.
 >  Now.
 >  Looks like the game is to get videos circulated around. To various
 >  places. Where people might see them.
 >  I'd like to play this game.
 >  My question is how to do this step by step.
 >  Where to go
 >  How to go there.
 >  Are you playing this game?
 >  P.S. My blogger vaddress is paulpierognotyourpresident.blogspot.com

 hey Paul--

 (i know you from MNN where I used to work)
 It's not a game.
 Imagine we're at a party...and you want people to get to know you?
 the best thing to do is go up to individual people and start talking to them.
 after a while people get to know you...and you gain a reputation...and
 people listen to you when you talk.

 Same thing here with blogging.
 first, start visiting (video)blogs, enjoy, and comment.
 leaving a link to your site will help people find you.

 But if you want an easy way....
 make videos of young girls talking in their bedrooms.
 or put mentos in a coke bottle.
 not exactly sure what relationship youll be creating with people though.

 Jay

 --
 Here I am....
 http://jaydedman.com