--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sinton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The "revolution", to me, is that the walled gardens of old media no
> longer exist - they no longer decide what is "good" and what
> is "garbage" (BTW - how many "good" shows have been on TV over the
> past few years?!?!?). With the Internet, the people deciding what is
> good and what is garbage are the millions of viewers on hundreds of
> different sites across the Web.

Absolutely.  There's a ton of horrible programming on television.
Somehow, someone decided that these shows would be financially viable,
so they made it to a time slot on a channel somewhere.  You're right.
 Nobody can stop someone from posting something to YouTube or to their
own web site.  That's a revolution as far as the media itself, but as
Justin states, not necessarily a revolution in QUALITY programming.
Though nobody said that was anyone's goal, to create quality work.  A
lot of people just want to express themselves and imagine that people
are watching their shows

> The fact that it is extremely easy to create, edit, and share video
> across the Web is technological evolution. The breaking down of
> barriers is a revolution.

Yes. Besides the clarity of the video on a video iPod, what really got
me about videoblogging was the fact that if you post something with a
program, short of syndication, people are either never or RARELY going
to see it ever again.

> It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that we keep the methods of distribution
> of video OPEN and INTEROPERABLE, or we leave ourselves open to the
> same control over media distribution that has happened in the past.
>
> Regards,
> -Frank

Agreed. :)

--